-
August 10th, 2006, 09:59 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I've started selling some of my most recently acquired doll stuff for plane ticket money in the hopes my loan will go through for this coming semester. After Josefina, who's currently on ebay, my newest arrival (who I'm not completely madly attached to like Addy) is Marisol. I honestly only had her out of her box for a week, so I didn't get a chance to really bond with her yet, but she was really pretty. But I keep seeing everyone's gorgeous pictures of her on here and they make me want to keep her. Plus, she's an LE doll. But she's also likely the quickest way to make a fast hundred bucks or so. Plus, I keep telling myself that there are enough people who just buy to re-sell on ebay that if I'm willing to pay the price, I'll be able to get her again someday.
Anyway, I'm being wishy-washy.
Any advice?
(edited: I didn't like the word "jettison" in the title- it sounds like throwing stuff off a sinking ship, although that's a bit how I feel, since I've decided that back East is probably the best place for me... but I don't know if it would be silly to go back there if I'm not taking classes... although, if you live in-state solely to work for a year, you get residency and get in-state tuition!)
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 10, 2006 07:15 PM: Message edited by: jerseycow6 ]</font>
-
August 10th, 2006, 10:28 PM
#2
Donna Cotterman
Guest
Have you applied for a student loan? Check with your Job's placement service at the school you are transfering to... maybe cut tution for working in library? Post a "need a ride" at the student union and see if anyone is going your direction... might be able to share gas expense and save airfare.
^j^Mrs. C.
Will you have your degree from Penn State? Apply for job as RA or TA... maybe get free boat. Penn State isn't OSU but ... it's okay. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 10, 2006 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Mrs. C. ]</font>
-
August 10th, 2006, 11:02 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Fun thing there is that I never filled out my FAFSA this year or last. I didn't fill it out for last year becasuse I didn't know who to use, since my mom was kinda gone and I wasn't in contact with my dad yet. My dad is far from hurting for money, but after meeting him when I was 21, I didn't exactly feel like asking him for money... it's bad enough that I have to crash here, although nice of them. I've tried to take as little money from him as possible. I'm in CA, so getting a ride is unfortunately not an option... although I do have two weeks until Band Camp starts, if anyone's up for a road trip. I may be able to get my lawyer to get my uncle to pay, but I'm not sure, and I'm not going to ask until I finish my current classwork. I'm kind of making him look like a fool right now the way it is since I haven't finished that first degree yet, since legal folks don't really seem to care about complications. But, yeah, unfortunately apparently if you do have living parents, the gov't and student aid folks actually count them as your parents if you've even vaguely familiar with their whereabouts, so not counting my dad isn't an option, even though I haven't accepted money for school from him... which is kind of fair, unfortunately, since they are letting me temporarily live in their house. I was able to get a Sallie Mae loan once without a cosigner, so, even though the rates are a probably higher or something, they'll hopefully give me one again. I just hope that they'll give me the loan without my having been awarded federal student aid.
-
August 10th, 2006, 11:25 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Have you ever heard of being emancipated, it has something to do with the fact that you do not depend on anyone for support. Maybe someone on the board knows something about this. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks